Saturday, March 19, 2016

From the Inside Out

I don't know when it happened but I just realized that I am playing the victim in nearly every area of my life, blaming my circumstances instead of myself. I just read a HONY post about a woman whose life has been turned upside down, mostly of her own doing, and a response, by someone who I have now decided to follow, which included the quote “a bird in a tree never fears the branch will break because her faith is not in the branch but in her own wings.” WHOA. I focused on the word faith in that quote and thought about what that means to me, to Christians, to how we pray and realized that our version of this quote is that “a bird in a tree should not focus her energy on praying for the branch not to break but focus on trusting in the wings that the Lord has given her to be able to fly when/if the branch does break.” The world breaks/is broken and I cannot continue to trust in the world, to trust in others to be careful with me, to trust the way the company works, to wait for something external to motivate me. I have to take charge of my own life and my own circumstances and the only way to do that is from the inside out.

No comments: